Hello Everyone! It’s a beautiful day…it’s Sundayyy! Nykaa’s Pink Friday Sale is going on and while checking the L’Oréal section, I got to know that L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature Matte Liquid lipsticks are one of the most sold liquid lipsticks these days- like one in every 15 minutes!(OMG!)
I have two shades from this range- 121 I CHOOSE and 115 I AM WORTH IT. It’s been a few months already since I bought these beauties and I feel it’s best to share my views with you guys now.
Let’s quickly jump to reviews and pictures now.
L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature Matte Liquid Lipstick Review:
First let’s talk about the shades- I Choose and I Am Worth It. I feel it’s the most interesting part 😀
I Choose is a very pretty neutral pink. This shade is an all purpose shade. You can wear it to office, college, parties, fun weekends and trust me you will not get bored of it. Personally, I feel all skin tones can easily flaunt this color. For fair to medium tones- it will be a pretty neutral pink and for dusky to deeper skin tones- it will be more of a light pink neutral.
I Am Worth It is such a gorgeous red that you yourself won’t be able to help looking at your lips again and again. I had mentioned this lipstick in my post- My RED Lipstick Collection. Checkout the post here– you can see this shade compared with other red lipsticks from my collection. Coming back to this lip color- it appears to be a true red color after proper application. You have to layer these lipsticks atleast twice since these have runny-watery texture. However it leaves a bluish red stain behind. (And trust me the stain is pretty.) This shade will flatter fair to medium skin tones more. I feel this color gives a very glamorous effect and it’s very suitable for parties.
Let’s checkout other details about these lipsticks:
- Packaging– Transparent plastic container with black cap having L’Oréal Paris written on it. Since it’s a see though container so you can see the color of the lipstick- it really helps when you have so many lipsticks and you can just find the right shade quickly. There’s a sticker as well on top of the cap mentioning shade name and number. Lipstick comes inside a cardboard packaging specifying date of manufacture, company details, etc. (I really like the packaging, I just feel it’s very luxury looking)
- Price Range– It costs Rs.650 for 7 ml of product in India.
- Texture– It has runny-watery consistency. You can actually build the lipstick without getting any patchy effect. And the applicator- it’s really a very good one and helps applying the lipstick very easily.
- Finish– You definitely get the matte effect. And best part is you don’t get that lip-sucking extremely dry matte effect. Lips just look so healthy.
- Staying Power– It stays on my lips for a good 5-6 hours. Lighter shade fades from the middle after a meals. while darker shade leaves a deep stain so can’t actually tell.(Result may differ from person to person.)
- Availability– These are easily available offline on L’Oréal counters as well other stores. Also, very readily available on online platforms like Nykaa, Purplle, Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra and a few others.(You get good discounts as well online :D)
What I really-really like about these lipsticks?
I felt, these lippies give a glamorous kind of look- you know some kind of shine, probably the way these reflect light. Don’t worry these don’t have any glitter. Especially the shade I Am Worth It- the kind of glamorous look it gives, you just feel like a diva already.
These are not at all heavy and patchy so you can just pull these off very care-freely.
Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink vs L’Oréal Rouge Signature Matte Liquid Lipsitck Range:
Rouge Signature Liquid Lipstick Collection is often compared with Maybelline’s Super Stay Ink Liquid Lipstick collection. Personally, I feel these are not at all comparable.
Super Stay Ink Range lipsticks are a little thick and feel comparatively heavy while Rouge Signature ones have quite thinner consistency and you just don’t feel that you are wearing a lipstick. Former has a staying power of more than 12 hours and also smudge-proof(personally tested and verified) while latter one stays for just 5-6 hours only and does transfer a little.
It’s kind of a trade-off between texture and finish. Still I feel L’Oréal ones don’t disappoint in any manner.
I can say these lipsticks give you a tint kind of feeling and you can definitely use it like a tint for those gradient-lip looks as well.
Because of the comfortable formula and rich finish- I definitely recommend this collection from L’Oréal Paris.
There are few other shades from this collection which I really want to try- I Explore(brown nude- having been reading and watching positive reviews about this one) and I Dream(a pretty coral).
Would love to know your thoughts about this collection from L’Oréal Paris. Please comment below to share.
Also, would love to know your recommendations for reviews. Looking forward to your reply.
Good bye till my next post! Happy Life!