Hi All! Recently I have got an obsession with warm lip shades and I have been suggesting such shades to my friends as well.
Today I received my package from Amazon with two Maybelline lipsticks and was excited to share. Both the shades are in warm tones and are suiting me well.(I am happy 🙂 ). One is Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick in the shade Self-Starter and the other one is a crayon from Super Stay Ink range in the shade Laugh Louder. Also, I got Garnier Micellar Water in Combo and it’s almost free.
Well I do most of my shopping online and hardly shop from stores. Before purchasing any lipstick online, I research a lot. After watching multiple videos and blogs I decided on these two shades.
The Ins and Outs of the lipsticks:
Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick- Self-Starter
- Packaging– Colored Plastic Container topped with a white plastic cap with Super Stay Matte Ink printed on it. There’s a sticker on the container specifying date of manufacture, company details, etc. (Color of the container is the same shade as lipstick so it’s very handy to find the shade)
- Price Range– It costs Rs.650 for 5 ml of product in India. (You can always find it on discount online)
- Texture– A little thick texture but glides on smoothly.
- Finish– Matte finish. Takes some 10-15 minutes to settle down. (I feel there’s a little sheen even after the lipstick has dried completely)
- Shade– Well it’s a peachy shade however not in the face kinda. It’s muted and has very little hints of pink and brown.
- Stay Power– Maybelline claims 16 Hrs lasting power for this lipstick range and like everyone I too AGREE! (Like you can really have breakfast, lunch and dinner with this lipstick on and it won’t budge!)
Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Crayon Lipstick- Laugh Louder
- Packaging– Colored Plastic Retractable Crayon with a sticker having Maybelline Super Stay Ink Crayon printed on it. There’s a date of manufacture and God knows what other things since it’s written in Chinese(assuming since it has “Made in China” written in English). (Since it’s a global product, I didn’t expect this from Maybelline.)
- Price Range– It costs Rs.599 for 1.2g of product in India.
- Texture– Smooth texture- not so soft so it won’t break easily, however it glides smoothly.
- Finish– Matte finish. Takes some 5-10 minutes to settle down.
- Shade– It’s a Reddish-Orange shade and I am sure it will flatter all skin tones.
- Stay Power– Maybelline claims upto 8 Hrs lasting power for this lipstick range and here as well I have to agree with the claim.
Would I suggest you to buy these lipsticks?
Definitely YES! If you are a lipstick lover like me then you should definitely try these lippies as both the formulas are amazing and worth trying.
However, if you are person who likes creamy formulas and not so comfortable with a matte formula- you should prefer crayon over liquid lipstick. Personally I find crayon more comfortable than liquid formula.
And if you are a person who doesn’t like to touch up your lipstick at all in the day and is comfortable with liquid lipstick- definitely go for liquid one.
Notion & Motion
It’s difficult to remove the liquid lipstick- so you need to have some oil based makeup remover or some oils like coconut oil to remove the lipstick. I found it easy to remove with the Garnier Micellar Water as well that I got in combo.
From my personal experience I have realised that it’s best to apply the liquid lipstick only once and not try to build it up. It will become patchy and sticky with layering.(Well there’s no need as well since one go is enough really)
Many people have complaint that liquid lipstick is quite sticky- well dear friends, for this issue please don’t do multiple coats and also please allow the lipstick to dry. Also, please avoid rubbing your lips together continuously after applying the lipstick.
For crayon, I have personally felt the need to build up the shade however I feel it’s just this shade. While watching video reviews of this range, almost everyone mentioned that these lipsticks give quite an opaque finish in one go so probably it’s just this shade.
The good thing about both these lipstick ranges is the packaging. Its’s color coordinated with the color of the lip shade so we don’t have to rummage through our vanity and can easily find the lip shade we are looking for.
How to wear this lipstick?
I see both of these shades complementing a lot of looks.
Laugh louder can be tried with Whites, Blacks and Neutrals and it will definitely boost the entire look.
Self- Starter being more towards natural tones can be used in multiple ways- from daily office use to special occasions with some extra makeup.
Let me know what do you all think about these shades.
I would love to know your experiences with Matte Ink Range and also what are the shades you have tried or possibly want to try. Let me know in comment section below.
It’s Diwali time in India- wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous Diwali. Stay Safe!
Good Bye till my next post. Happy Life!