Hola Everyone! Hope you are doing great 🙂
Finally this epic day has arrived in my life where I am sharing all the red lipsticks that I have with you all. I am feeling so excited and happy- can’t explain in words 😀
I really love red since childhood and in past 6 years(especially last 1 year) I have been showing light to my love through red lipsticks.
Here I will be discussing about the shade and which complexions can flaunt that shade the best.
List of Red lipsticks in my vanity:
- Wet N Wild Megalast Matte Lipstick Stoplight Red
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Hot Hot Hot
- Maybelline New York Creamy Matte Lipstick Big Apple Red
- Maybelline New York Creamy Matte Lipstick Hot Chili
- Maybelline New York Creamy Matte Lipstick Dare to be Red
- Maybelline New York Creamy Matte Lipstick Rich Ruby
- Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Scarlet O Hara
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Matte Lipstick Pure Rouge
- Wet N Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipstick Missy and Fierce
- NY Bae x Shakti Liquid Lipstick Smashing Slam
- Teen Teen Color Life Non Transfer Lipstick Ruby Red
- Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick Get Noticed
- Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick Cherry Red
- L’Oreal Paris Rouge Signature Liquid Lipstick I Am Worth It
- Maybelline New York Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick Pioneer
- Faces Canada Ultime Pro Matte Lip Crayon Midnight Rose
- Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Poison Ivy
Finally comes the most interesting part- Let’s jump onto images and discussion on these beautiful, amazing and lovable red lip shades:
- Wet N Wild Megalast Matte Lipstick Stoplight Red– It’s a blue based red and often compared with Mac Ruby Woo. I can imagine this shade to easily carried by most of the Indian skin tones. This is not a blood red color which most ladies feel a little over whelming.
- ColorbarVelvet Matte Lipstick Hot Hot Hot– This one is also a blue based red color but a little warmer and a little bolder compared to Stoplight Red. Fair to Medium skin tones will rock this color.
- Maybelline New York Creamy Matte Lipstick Big Apple Red– Well ladies, if you are looking for a Coral Red, then this is the one you should definitely try. One of my most favourite and something that instantly lifts your complexion. I see fair to medium skin tones flaunting this shade however for darker skin tones it won’t give that extra-ordinary effect.
- Maybelline New York Creamy Matte Lipstick Hot Chili– Definitely not in the face red, very cool tone based. I have seen this color on fair to medium skin tones and it has looked equally very beautiful. I feel deep skin beauties can also give it a try.
- Maybelline New York Creamy Matte Lipstick Dare to be Red– If you are also looking for a lipstick which has pink undertones like me, then go for it. I have got many complements for this shade. It’s that red which doesn’t look like blue based red but pink based and still red is dominant. In short it’s a beautiful color with not over-powering glitters. I am sure this can be flaunted by all Indian skin tones.
- Maybelline New York Creamy Matte Lipstick Rich Ruby– This shade made me fall in love with Red again. A little deep and very warm red- can be beautifully carried by all skin tones. Especially dusky people will rock this color.
- Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Scarlet O Hara– Very beautiful blue based red color. It justifies it’s name and it’s purely scarlet color. If you just want to purchase one red(irrespective of which skin tone family you belong to)- you should go for this. From texture to the overall effect, I just love this color.
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Matte Lipstick Pure Rouge- Well, here comes my most favourite lip color. This has recently been added to my vanity and I totally love this. It’s true red and will look very beautiful on all skin tones.
- Wet N Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipstick Missy and Fierce– Almost true red. Will work across complexions. You will just fall in love with the texture and how this just makes you look brighter. Many of my friends have purchased this on my recommendation and they also love it.
- NY Bae x Shakti Liquid Lipstick Smashing Slam– I received this lip color yesterday only and I am wearing this even at home(It’s covid time right :|). Gorgeous blue based. I really love this. This makes my face instantly look like Party Ready(my family’s just wondering that where am I going). Fair to Medium skin tone beauties- you will just love this color.
- Teen Teen Color Life Non Transfer Lipstick Ruby Red– This is a red for all. I received this in November’20 FabBag and honestly I didn’t expect much from this color and was rather skeptic. But after applying- it was instant love. For fair skin tones it will be more of a deep ruby red, for wheatish skin tones- a comfortable deep red color and for deeper complexions- a red that they can easily trust and carry. This lipstick has all the plus points- low price, long staying power, non-transfer and extremely comfortable.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick Get Noticed– If you have never worn a Red lipstick and also not very comfortable with trying bolder reds- go for it. It’s a warm red that will work across complexions without a doubt and will definitely not look like- in the face red. I got lot of complements for this shade.
- Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick Cherry Red– This is the first ever red that I purchased in my life(during college time). Before I bought this, I was very skeptic to buy a red lipstick. Thinking back, I totally feel grateful to this color for giving me confidence to apply red lip shade. Coming back to the shade- It’s a blue based red and justifies it’s name absolutely. Many of my friends have applied this color and they too have loved it. This will easily work across all complexions.
- L’Oreal Paris Rouge Signature Liquid Lipstick I Am Worth It– True Red and looks very lustrous. It’s totally a diva colour. Something you can rock with Indian attires in festive and wedding times. I feel people with fair to medium skin tones will love this color more.
- Faces Canada Ultime Pro Matte Lip Crayon Midnight Rose– Deep Red color and made for all. This will look absolutely amazing on all skin tones. Medium to deeper skin tone people- if you have not liked red lip shades before then you should definitely try this and you will just fall in love with this red lipstick.
- Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Poison Ivy– Even deeper red than Midnight Rose and with slight hints of wine. This color is going to be loved by all skin tones with a doubt. It will look equally good with Indian and Western outfits. I know many people from different age groups who just love this color.
- Maybelline New York Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick Pioneer– A beautiful blue based deep red color. People from all complexions will love this color. I absolutely recommend this.
I strongly believe that Red is a color for all. It’s just that you have to figure out which red woks for you.
Many of my friends were(also are) very skeptic to apply a red lipstick. I am sure once you have found your perfect Red- you will just want to use it every single day.
Frankly, I really don’t mind wearing a red lipstick to office so sometimes(unapologetically) I wear one. It gives me confidence and I really don’t feel it’s offending in any way to apply your favourite lip shade.
It was quite tiring to swatch all these shades in just one day but my love for red kept me going :D(however worst part was stains) Soon I will be writing individual reviews as well so do come back.
Next on my to-buy red lip shades are- Mac Ruby Woo, Nars Dragon Girl(Once it’s available in India) and Sugar Mettle Liquid Lipstick in the shade Mimosa. Hopefully soon I will be purchasing these and would share my views with you all.
I would really love to know which shades you like the most. Also, I would gladly like to give recommendations if you want. Just put a comment and let me know what you are looking for.
Let me know your thoughts about this article.
Good bye till next post! Happy Life!